thimble eye bolt
- October 11, 2018
Installing a nut eye bolt and/or thimble eye bolt with washers into a utility pole or tree for a challenge course or ropes course element is a relatively simple process, but it is important to follow the correct steps to ensure the safety of your participants.
- Nut eye bolt or Thimble eye bolt (optional)
- Washers (round, square or curved square and double coil locking washer)
- Drill Bit /Auger Bit - 1/8" to 1/2" larger in diameter than bolt size (ex. if 5/8" bolt then 11/16 or 3/4" drill bit)
- Tape measure (to ensure even height on each side)
- Safety glasses
Choose a location for the nut eye bolt or thimble eye bolt that is high enough to be out of reach of participants, but low enough to be easily accessible for maintenance.
- Use a level to make sure that the location is level (very important for